Quality & Provenance:
This Maca is grown at 3500 meters above sea level, in the Province of Junín, located in the Central Sierra of Peru. Maca roots are dug out by hand using a small hoe called a cashu, to prevent damage, then dried naturally in the sun.
Dried maca roots can be stored for seven years, but theirs is rushed to a local processing plant, where they’re meticulously weighed and cleaned, with only the finest roots selected for processing. These roots are washed again and cut into small 8-12mm segments, before being fully dehydrated under humidity control.
The segments are finely milled into a powder of 60 mesh specification, then and tested for microbes, before being packaged and shipped to the UK where tthey check the quality once more, then give them to you.
Why is it good for me?
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) & iron contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) & iron contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Iron contributes to normal cognitive function
- Deliciously sweet and malty
- Organic, gluten-free, kosher and vegan