Quality and Provenance:
This acai comes from Pará in northern Brazil. The deep purple acai berry is wild harvested by Amazonian riverside communities. It is known locally as the beauty berry. Locals who make their living from harvesting acai berries are called ribeirinhos or “people who live on the river’s riverines”. Fresh berries are carefully washed before the pulp is extracted, pasteurized and frozen.
This acai is always freeze-dried (at a maximum of 3 days post-harvest), perfectly preserving the product without preservatives or irradiation. The acai pulp is frozen at extremely low temperatures, removing all water – a process called sublimation. Over-processing of acai by heating, or standard freezing methods, can produce an unpleasant brown powder.
Why is it good for me?
- A single serving contains 3 times your daily requirement of manganese which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Hand-picked from Amazonian acai palms
- Contains 3 times your daily requirement of manganese
- Source of vitamin A to nourish the skin
- Source of fibre
- Organic, gluten-free, kosher and vegan